NEW HAVEN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
GRADES K – 12
PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN must be present at time of enrollment.
Please bring the following original documents with you to your enrollment appointment.
1. *ADDRESS VERIFICATION – Parent must have in his or her name, the following three items to verify residence within New Haven Unified School District per Board Policy #S5111.1, no exceptions will be made:
A) A valid Driver’s License or picture ID with current address or DMV driving record printout receipt with new address. DMV brown card will NOT be accepted.
B) Any Two of the following with current address listed. Please bring the most recent statement/document with you. For those paying bills online only, please print your most recent statement.
Property tax payment receipts.
Rental property contract, lease or payment receipts.
Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts.
Correspondence from a government agency.
Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil.
2. *PROOF OF AGE – One of the following is required to be presented upon enrollment:
(Not necessary for California school transfers.)
- Original Birth Certificate with the county seal. This can be obtained through the county where your child was born (The souvenir certificate from birthing hospital is NOT acceptable).
- Baptism Certificate signed by the pastor of the church.
3. *Withdrawal grades or Transfer form, report card/transcript, and CELDT scores.
4. *IMMUNIZATION RECORD – listing month and year administered. (Not necessary for California school transfers.) 2013-2014 all 7th graders must show proof of Tdap booster.
5. *PHYSICIAN’S STATEMENT of PHYSICAL EXAM or KAISER PHYSICAL EXAM FORM
Applies to new Kindergarteners, first graders, private school transfers and students new to the United States.
Must be signed by the doctor including tuberculin risk assessment and blood test. Students who have had a positive skin test in the past must have a report of a subsequent negative chest x-ray and a recent (within one year) physician evaluation of TB status.
6. *SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES OR 504 Plan – Most Recent Signed IEP or 504 plan, if applicable.
CENTRALIZED ENROLLMENT CENTER HOURS
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (FOR APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (510) 476-2625, ext. 0
8:00 am – 4:00 pm